How to Make Business Travel Arrangements
It does not matter if you are a frequent business traveler or just an occasional one, but when you are going on a business travel, the best thing is to do it the right way. Most of the companies have policies in place which is to control the cost for employee trips and when you plan your business travel, the best thing to do would be to follow each and every guideline and to ensure that your travel plans are approved and reimbursed and that you do not incur any expenses for the trip.
1) Firstly, you have to perform a thorough discussion with your supervisor regarding the destination, the number of nights you are away and the method of travel which you have chosen. Also, include under this discussion personal vehicle, rental car and air travel. Make sure that you inquire about your company’s travel procedures from your boss.
2) Make sure that you make prior contact with the person you are meeting on your business travel and also ask for the name of a neighboring hotel. In case you get hold of hotel maps and bookings, it will be of great help for reserving your travel plans. In case, if your company actually uses only a particular hotel chain, then you can skip this step.
3) You can search for the travel agent that your company uses for making business trips and you can book your own travel with the same person. In case, your company uses centralized resources for booking travel, then you can provide the complete details of the trip to this individual which is a great way to ensure that all the travel plans will be booked accurately. Also, do not forget to provide your frequent flier and hotel club numbers as this will enable you to credit for the miles and nights as well.
4) Once your arrangements have been completed, you can ask for a copy of the arrangement from the centralized booking resource. Also, in case you are making the bookings all by yourself, then never forget to take the confirmation number of the flight, hotel room and the rental car.
5) At least a week before you start your trip, you have to contact your airline, hotel and rental car agency and in case you encounter any problems, you can inform your employer of the same.
6) Make sure that you retain all the receipts of the trip and also fill out the expense report as soon as you return back from the trip.